- Resist the urge to mention your trip on social media or in public. You can always post the pictures (and re-live the vacation) once you’re back home.
- Make an inventory of your valuables, including serial numbers and photos.
- Stop the newspaper and mail, or ask a trusted neighbor to pick them up.
- Park your car inside the garage – and ask a neighbor to park in your driveway occasionally.
- Put at least one light on a timer.
- Arrange for your lawn to stay trimmed.
Vacation safety tips for when you’re about to travel